cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely appalling customer service for a basic number transfer.

aplees
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been passed pillar to post for over 3 weeks now, trying to transfer a O2 number over to a new O2 sim-card, as a legacy customer with over 16 years loyalty this is unacceptable.

3 weeks and 8 phone calls all at between 45 – 90 mins long.

The number we want to keep is my mother’s held with the 360 team, I have taken out a new sim only deal and want to transfer my mother’s number over to me and my account, I will be paying for her service.

On 2 occasions the 360 team have promised that the request has been placed and then on subsequent calls been told that no request has been put through, this has happened on 2 occasions and now trying a 3rd time today. The agent also tell me that they cannot see any requests on my account notes and that I keep getting told lies on what is and what has not happened. we have gone through account verification with my mother and been told that this would be held on my account so we dont have to go through it time and time again but also get told that this is not on my notes.

My mother is a carer and needs to keep her number.

Im now loosein all faith in O2 and their customer services team.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23099 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@aplees We are all customers. There's nothing anyone here can do except offer sympathy. Sadly, we've seen a real fall in the ability of customer service to help, and a total lack of competence on the part of some. You're just going to have to persevere in the hope that when you call again you get a representative who will resolve this for you.

Alternatively you can lodge a formal complaint, but that takes time and it won't help your current situation: 

How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5734 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@aplees 

Any progress since yesterday? 

The two potential ways forward have been set out by @Bambino but please let us know if you need more guidance.    

Message 3 of 3