cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11 days and counting - for unlock

Anonymous
Not applicable

So after 11 days, and many hours of repeating the same conversation with numerous "GURUS" O2 have managed to let me down, ignore me, make countless empty promises and totally fail to unblock my device. A customer with them foe years, they seem to be actually obstructing me! Hoping I will finish my holiday before I get my phone unlocked perhaps?

And this morning I just recieved a new unlatching code from the special department case escalation emergency crack team of super gurus!!! And guess what? It doesn't work!!!

Message 10 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great. Any ideas?

Message 51 of 98

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149150 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Great. Any ideas?

buy a cheap phone at the post office until you get home and get yours sorted.

What network is your french sim card?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 52 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

There could be a number of factors stopping @Anonymous unlocking his handset.

With this person being abroad at the moment i was wanting to check if they are using the correct details for their request. For example, if they are a pay and go customer attemping to unlock thier handset using the correct mobile (prepay) number and imei but do not have £15 of credit to complete the process, they would receive the error message stating the unlock was unsucessful.

They would also have to make sure the IMEI has been used against the moble number in question and the handset will need to have been active for at least a year if prepay. If they have borrowed the handset to take abroad with them and haven't used it prior to leaving the UK, this too can cause the unsuccessul error message.

If they are a pay monthly customer using a pay monthly SIM abroad to complete the unlocking again, the handset will have needed to have been used with the mobile number in question.Their bills will also need to be up-to-date with no restrictions on their account.

Of course, if none of the above is an issue. If two different unlatching codes have been sent to the handset and failed, their could be a fault with the handset.

EDIT: Missed all the replies while sending my own, i will leave the prepay information in the thread in case this does help any one else reading this thread.

Message 53 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha, yeah perhaps. It's a Reglo SIM.

Message 54 of 98

MI5
  • 149150 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ha, yeah perhaps. It's a Reglo SIM.

I've never used them so I can't comment, but I have a cheap phone from the post office - cost me Euro 25 with euro 15 credit on it and runs on SFR (vodafone). I always get a good signal all over France with it.

You can get top up vouchers in all supermarkets or at any post office too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 55 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your help guys, nice to know you are out there, offering a damn site more help, advice and suggestions than the blood sucking machine! Peace out.

Message 56 of 98

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23958 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, Yes I am in France and entering a French SIM, IMEI and the code are both correct. 

Hang on. Am I wrong in thinking that the OP needs to have their O2 sim in the phone to get the unlock code? From this post it sounds as if they have their French sim in the phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 57 of 98

MI5
  • 149150 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Good luck and let us know how it goes once you get home - I'd still take it in and get O2 to unlock it for you.
Message 58 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 125841 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Enjoy the rest of your holiday @Anonymous As advised get the phone unlocked when you get home...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 98

MI5
  • 149150 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, Yes I am in France and entering a French SIM, IMEI and the code are both correct. 

Hang on. Am I wrong in thinking that the OP needs to have their O2 sim in the phone to get the unlock code? From this post it sounds as if they have their French sim in the phone.

No, code has already been received and is not working.

No need to have sim in once unlock request has been accepted either.

Message 60 of 98