cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02mobile promotional lottery organised by telefónica o2 uk

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received SMS on my mobile tells me that i won 2,000,000 Pounds and ask me to contact Dr. Mat. West email drmatwest@o2.co.uk
he emailed me as follows
Congratulations on being one of our winners in the new 02mobile promotional lottery organised by telefónica o2 uk limited to reward mobile phone users and also promote our brand in countries like Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Europe, India and the middle east where we intend to lunch different 02 products soon.
We received your e-mail regarding the winning notification sent to you earlier by our awards department. Please note, the 2010 award of the o2 telecoms is not a joke , rather a momentous achievement in the history of this organization. All participants were selected randomly from world wide web through an internet draw system. Phone numbers were extracted from over 170, 287 companies and 454, 980, 476 web-sites. This promotion is part of financial empowerment program of o2 telecoms in it's struggle to alleviate poverty in the global-world.

After due confirmation of your mobile number: which subsequently won you Two million Great British pounds (GBP£2,000, 000.00 ) in the draws , organized by o2 telecommunications company, your prize claim has been approved and processing of payment will commence by our remitting department upon identification of whom payment is made to. Certain basic information would be required and they are listed below.

1: FULL NAMES
2: ADDRESS WHICH MUST INCLUDE COUNTRY
3: DATE OF BIRTH ( WINNERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WILL BE DISQUALIFIED )
4: IDENTIFICATION WHICH MUST BEAR YOUR PICTURE LIKENESS
5: THE WINNING TELEPHONE NUMBER

This information will be used to acquire the Prize Claim Certificate from The British Gaming Commission and then send this to you along with what we call a payment choice form which tells us the type of payment best suitable for you to receive your winnings in your country.

For further enquiries and verbal discussion, please do not hesitate to call me on my direct phone number which is +447700077206. Thank you for your anticipated co-operation and congratulations once again.

Yours truly,

Dr. Matthew West
Co-ordinator
02 Mobile Lottery Promotions
My Question is that is Dr. Mat. an employee in O2, as his name is in O2 email domain, is the above correct or he is trying to do some thing ?!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Government sponsored fraud... straight out of Lagos!!
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Beaufighter
the problem was that i just buy mobile Nokia X3-O2 and i assumed that this there was such promation on that mobile, i still do not know why the model is X3-O2

On all official promotions you are still required to register or enter, so that makes it an easy rule to follow to protect yourself. Not just here, but in life generally. Remember "did i actually enter this?"
We would all like to think someone wants to give us a big pile of cash, but in reality they want to take it away and will try anything.
wink
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup it's a load of... :mansurprised:
If you were to receive an e-mail from O2 it would end in '.com'
wink
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Definitely a scam.
Click here to see a little comedic example of a similar scam grin
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been too long at the game to fall for this but the worrying thing is my version arrived by email to the correct address just 24 hours after I signed up for an O2 PAYG SIM for the first time after 10 years.  Also just 30 minutes after responding to several O2 survey texts. 

Looks like the email came from Amsterdam registration.

Coincidence or a leak somewhere?

Message 15 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Were you signing using an existing email account, as O2 Email is closing down except for broadband users?

As you can see from the previous post we haven't seen this here for 3 years now.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 16