cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Business Account to Personal Account (when you live at your company's registered address!)

Gerard200224
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to transfer my business account (and mobile number) to a personal account. 

Business: "really simple, create consumer account, call us back and we'll migrate your number over, I'll put you through to consumer now".

Consumer Sales: "we can't create a Consumer contract for you because your address is showing as a business address"

Me: "I live at the same address my company is registered at"

Consumer Sales: "can't help you then, call Business".

Business: "We're completely separate from Consumer, call Consumer".

Consumer Sales: "Oh - I can put you through to Customer Service they should be able to add your address as a personal to our address system, or if that doesn't work, call Royal Mail"

Customer Service: "we can sort that out, give me your details.

Didn't work. Calling Vodafone!

To O2, thousands of people have companies registered at the same address they live at, and you can't seem to cater for someone closing their business account, and converting their existing mobile phone number and account from a business account to a personal account.

What else could I have done? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Rather than trying to fight O2's inflexible systems and untrained staff, just call Vodafone as you suggest.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2