Did you mean: 

Fraud on account in 2020 still not refunded

mattyg2004
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey

We had 2 iPhones fraudulantly added to our account in June 2020 and an increase in our monthly tarrif.
This has all been cleared up with the fraud team. A note put on our account. (not that it did any use as I was also a victim of a sim swap scam) However dispite numerous requests to have our account refunded. We've been ignored.
So my next step is going to be down the Small claims courts route.

Anyone know where I send the 7 day LBA too.

Ta
Matt

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11576 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@mattyg2004 

Google would have been a good start and that would give you the o2 registered address. Which is in Slough

Or look on o2.co.uk/contactus

You need to address it to the Legal Department.

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11576 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@mattyg2004 

Google would have been a good start and that would give you the o2 registered address. Which is in Slough

Or look on o2.co.uk/contactus

You need to address it to the Legal Department.

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 10

Aaaaaaaa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Matt my number with o2 was randomly disconnected and I am still waiting 4 months later with an explanation with no luck at all they are the worst ! Did you ever get to resolve this sim swap fraud issue ?

Message 3 of 10

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9269 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Aaaaaaaa 

If that question is aimed at @mattyg2004, you need to tag him thus ! 👍  

Message 4 of 10

Oxonian
  • 9269 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@mattyg2004 

Rather than seeking judgement in the Small Claims' Court, have you thought of lodging a formal complaint with O2 ? It might well prove to be a quicker process and if it is not successful, you can then pursue the matter in court.

The complaints' process is detailed in :-  

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

Please keep us informed of developments. 👍

Message 5 of 10

Aaaaaaaa
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have emailed 100 times since January and still not a single response so obviously I have tried that option 

Message 6 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149357 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

Doubt there will be any response after 2 years from the original post.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 10

Oxonian
  • 9269 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Aaaaaaaa 

@Aaaaaaaa wrote:

I have emailed 100 times since January and still not a single response so obviously I have tried that option 

So if you have been e-mailing the O2 complaints' team without reply since January, you need to consider escalating the complaint. The complaints' process is detailed in :-  

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In particular, the latter says :-

What happens next?
If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer.

Message 8 of 10

Aaaaaaaa
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have exhausted every possible avenue regarding this issue. I even emailed the CEO of the company and no one has bothered to respond to me. I went down the financial ombudsman route and they confirmed that there is nothing they can do until the fraud investigation is done on o2s side. So here I al

waitint for them to provide me an explanation. Please note I have been waiting for 7 months for answers. The service is beyond a joke. The customer service has confirmed it was a fraudulent port out and the number was eventually returned back to o2 at which point the reconnections team had the cheek and audacity to try and reconnect the number which fraud had taken place. Like I want anything to

do with o2 given my experience with them. I have requested for them to provide me a copy of the phone recording that was done with the port out and again until now nothing has been provided most likely because someone inside o2 had leaked data and breached privacy. The worst company ever 

Message 9 of 10

Oxonian
  • 9269 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Aaaaaaaa 

There is occasional mention on this Community of members e-mailing O2's CEO direct and their complaint being passed to an "Executive Resolutions Team". This is all quite opaque but if you Google "O2 executive complaints team" you will find a "X" (Tweet) of 27 June 2023 from O2 to a customer by the name of Katy Evans that confirms the existence of that team and gives their contact details.

This community's spam filters mean that I cannot post a link to the "Tweet" - sorry - but at least you now know what you are looking for !

You might want to try that route. 

Message 10 of 10