Did you mean: 

trouble charging

FTG116
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

Im having trouble charging my phone , i have to put a larger object where the connection goes into my phone and let the phones weight push down on the plug to get charge into it

, What do i do go to shop??

Regards

K

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35787 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

It could be a broken cable (kinking/bending has damaged it near the end that plugs into the phone) or, less likely, a damaged connector on the phone itself. 

If you have another cable, say on a Kindle or similar (if micro-USB) or off another phone, try that first.  Also look into the charging port on the phone and make sure there's no fluff built up in there that is stopping the cable from latching in properly. 

If it's the cable that's faulty, a replacement from Amazon will not be too expensive, but if you think it is the phone, then a trip into a repair shop or phone shop may be necessary, @FTG116 

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@FTG116 

Clean the muck out of the port. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Sorry to hear about your charging issue @FTG116 . It would be great to hear how you're getting on?

Cheers guys for the above suggestions @pgn , @MI5 slight_smile

Message 4 of 4