cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text message splicing...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have an annoying issue that I haven't been able to find described online. Furthermore, attempts to resolve the problem with o2 online has not helped.

The problem is that certain text messages that I send are recieved spliced with a message that I had sent weeks before. For example, I send message A  (don't know if it sends correctly but assume so), then 2-3weeks later I send message B but it arrives with the first half of message B and the second half of message A spliced in the middle.

Some info that might help, this is always between the same two phones, mine - 3 yr old iPhone 3gs (6.0.1) and recipients Samsung galaxy ace also on o2. The message fault is intermittent, but always on linger messages and only from mine. 

Can anyone shed any light? I've had a rather amarous first half of text spliced with the second half of a grocery list..... Needless to say it took some explaining. Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144393 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I have heard of it happening before. It's unique to O2 and the way the systems deal with multiple length texts. From memory a new sim fixed the issue before...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144393 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Try getting a new sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that's a new one on me !

New Sim Card sounds like the best resolution.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144393 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I have heard of it happening before. It's unique to O2 and the way the systems deal with multiple length texts. From memory a new sim fixed the issue before...

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the information, I shall request a new sim.

Cheers,
Larrymarginallyhappier
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144393 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
LOL, good luck wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6