cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 overcharging for iphone 7 plus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive ordered the iphone 7 plus 128gb this comes in at £909.99 where as apple comes in at £819 so thats £90.99 extra.

Why are we being charged extra ?

Taken From 02 (notice 0% interest)

Duration of credit agreement 24 months
Upfront cost £189.99
Monthly device payment £30.00
Total Credit amount £720.00
Total amount payable for device £909.99
Interest rate (fixed) 0%
Representative APR 0%
Device cash price £909.99

Taken from apple.

Items in Your Bag

Item Price:£819.00
Line Price:£819.00
Removefrom bag(iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black)
Part number: MN4M2B/A
Total cost breakdown
Bag Subtotal £819.00
Free Delivery £0.00
Total £819.00
Includes VAT of £136.50
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Snowfox
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2's device price is higher though, that's undeniable. I just found that the O2 upgrade tariffs in Carphone Warehouse with the same inclusions at a much lower end cost, for both upfront and monthly costs. Why? Beats me but I feel O2 is taking us for stupid and should refund the difference!
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are allowed to upgrade early with the o2 refresh tariff so yes we do pay more for the phone itself  the airtime is waived when you upgrade to your next phone and tariff . CPW don't allow you to do this or am i missing something obvious its been a long day so perhaps i am ?

Message 12 of 14

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

We are allowed to upgrade early with the o2 refresh tariff so yes we do pay more for the phone itself  the airtime is waived when you upgrade to your next phone and tariff . CPW don't allow you to do this or am i missing something obvious its been a long day so perhaps i am ?

No you're not missing anything....there's always somebody who wants more.

As I said somewhere else, I'm amazed when somebody "needs" a phone costing in excess of £700 then quibbles about a relatively small difference in prices........and they'll want the new version on 12 months time !!

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

Yes mate, I did read about the 0% interest and I understand that. What I'm talking about is a "Fee", like you pay an additional fee for paying your insurance via 12 monthly payments, or your TV licence, etc etc. I assume O2 have to pay a fee to set up the credit agreement under the correct rules and regulations?

Message 14 of 14