Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone storage

Gregory1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey guys, I was told this morning that the I had no storage left on my phone because I had reached my memory limit. Because of this I took up the extra iPhone storage of 50 GB. This has now gone through. To my surprise my phone memory hasn’t changed and my iCloud storage is at approx 50% because of all the back ups that have now taken place. So I have 3 questions:
1. Should my phone have backed up so much so quickly?
2. Exactly what does it mean to say that the back up is now complete?
3. Most of my iPhone storage is currently taken up with OTHER(approx 80%). Exactly what is this?What do I need to do to get get more space on my iPhone (as it still remains at 31.3GB/32GB?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Storage on your phone won't change. The extra storage is on the cloud so that you don't need to store photos or videos on your phone. That will free up storage on the phone if you delete the items off the phone that are backed up to the cloud

The only way to get more storage on a phone would be to upgrade to a different iphone.

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Gregory1 Take a look at what's been stored and delete what you don't need.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Gregory1 

Now you have everything I. iCloud you can do a factory reset to clear everything including junk from your phone. 

You can then restore the backup and you'll find you have improved your storage situation.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4