cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone X Vibration

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, I’m here to ask for some advice. My iPhone X has started to fairly violently vibrate. I momentarily lost it in my car and found it. Since then (or what seems since then) it has changed vibration to a more aggressive and louder vibrate. I’m wondering if it’s got damaged somehow and that would be the cause. I haven’t changed settings or had any update to do on my phone. Any help is appreciated.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous Take it in to an Apple Store if you have any concerns.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous Take it in to an Apple Store if you have any concerns.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Book a Genius Bar appointment to get it seen to 

https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Message 3 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous! Curious to hear how it went with your phone and if you found out what the strange vibration was?

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the interest. I didn’t book an appointment as my nearest Apple store has been under renovation for quite some time. I still don’t know why the vibration issue occurred. I actually tried some other iPhone Xs in various phone providers. I had updated my phone to the latest IOS (11.2) after the issue started, but it didn’t change it. So I turned off all vibrations, restarted my phone at some point and turned vibrations back on. To my surprise and delight, the vibration is back to normal. I have absolutely no idea how it happened and the exact way I did ‘fix’ the issue. I’ve never seen it before nor seen any other iPhone X or iPhone at that have the problem.
Message 5 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for coming back to update us about it @Anonymous! Glad to hear the issue disappeared. Hope it doesn't return. smiling

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately I’m back here with more. My phone didn’t ‘fix’ itself nor did I. The actual reason I thought I had fixed it was because the issue stopped. More recently, I have found out that the original ‘losing it in my car’ may have been worse. The phone must have hit hard at the car door, and knocked the motor or whatever it is. I I simply knock my phone on something the issue returns, and vice versa. So in the end I may have to go and get it looked at by Apple.
Message 7 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144078 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Sounds like your only choice......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Unfortunately I’m back here with more. My phone didn’t ‘fix’ itself nor did I. The actual reason I thought I had fixed it was because the issue stopped. More recently, I have found out that the original ‘losing it in my car’ may have been worse. The phone must have hit hard at the car door, and knocked the motor or whatever it is. I I simply knock my phone on something the issue returns, and vice versa. So in the end I may have to go and get it looked at by Apple.

Ahh sorry to hear that! worried Let us know how it goes and if they manage to get it sorted for you in the end @Anonymous.

Message 9 of 9