Did you mean: 

iPhone 5s & 5c/iO7 Guides and information

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As you all begin to get to grips with the new iPhone 5s and 5c, you may encounter some issues or questions, so below are some guides that we have seen so far with helpful info which I will be adding to as we go along. These guides have been written by other members and if you feel like having a go at writing one, by all means go ahead!

If you have any tips and advice that you want to share here, as well as any great FAQ/guide suggestions, make a post below.

Guides, News and Content

iPhone 5S/C review discussion - by bandofbrothers

iOS7 settings Battery life video guide - by Fatboy

Overall battery saving video guide - by Fatboy

iOS Control Centre video guide - by Fatboy

Quick Launch on iOS7 video guide - by Fatboy

iWorks apps free on some devices - by Leebroath

Carrier Update guide - by Fatboy

iOS7 left/right swiping video guide - by Fatboy

iOS7 New Safari features video guide - by Fatboy

iOS7.0.3 released - by bandofbrothers

iOS7 messages app updates - by Fatboy

How to turn off the Parralax effect video guide - by Fatboy

Adding wallpapers onto your iPhone - by Fatboy

Touch ID video guide and tips - by Fatboy

Got any more tips? Make a post below

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Doing a full restore didn't work, but emptying the photostream, removing all my backups and creating a fresh backup fixed this issue - suggests there was an issue with the photosteam in the icloud backup which was locking the folder

Would make sense, as a permission issue would prevent the new pic being saved.

Glad you got it sorted anyway!

Message 21 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not been able to get any sort of data connection on my 5s at all over the last couple of days (aprat from WIFI, no cellular data connetcion). Tried o2 phone support and o2 online guru and neither could sort it. Anyone else got the same problem?

Message 22 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146900 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
A carrier update was pushed out last Friday (I think) maybe this has affected your settings. Try a soft reset and also check your apn's are still correct for your tariff....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 23 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
A 'problem' I encountered (partly due to my own stupidity) was when setting up the fingerprint sensor...

For the first three times the iPhone encourages you to put your finger on the button, hold it there and then lift it off. After this it stops telling you what to do, and I assumed my phone was malfunctioning because it didn't do anything after I put my thumb on there for the fourth time.

What you need to do is just continually put your thumb/finger on the button and then lift it off, and keep doing that in various positions.
Message 24 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a known issue, or FAQ as such.

But I have been reading on various posts on forums that a lot of people are commenting on improved sound quality on the 5s.

I too admit to noticing improved sound quality on my 5s.

At first I thought it was just my ears, but I have found the sound quality on the 5s to be improved. The higher bitrate music I have sounds much sharper (through the same earphones I used on my iPhone 5) I am using the same EQ setting too. I have also noticed too that the audio that comes out of the 5s's speakers sounds much sharper and louder even on the same volume level as my iPhone 5.

I first noticed this when I received a phone call on my 5s, I found that the ringtone I was using (the same one as I used on my iPhone 5 and same volume level too) sounded quite different. I found that it sounded much crisper and a different tone to it and also louder too.

I also found that the call quality through the 5s's earpiece sounds much clearer too.

It's been discovered that the 5s (not sure if the 5c has this too) uses a new new audio codec chip and class D amplifier by Cirrus Logic.

I thought that I would post this on here, in case some people were wondering why the sound quality on the 5s was different slight_smile

Message 25 of 47

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Well I've just learned something new today slight_smile

Thanks for posting that Fatboy. I would assume the 5C uses the same amplifier?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 26 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure Toby as the 5C is pretty much an iPhone 5 with a different back on it.
Message 27 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I purchased the Iphone 5s the day it came out and I have noticed that the back cover gets really hot (not warm) when you open an app...

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Message 28 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146900 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Usual cause is the processor running like mad....
Is it every app or just one in particular ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 29 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I got the 5c yesturday and I tried using my mobile data but it keeps telling me:

"Could not activate mobile sata network. You are not subscribed to a mobile data service"

My wifi works fine so I know it is just this issue.

I called up 02 and they told me that they don't know what is up which is weird. I got no advice at all it was just basically awkward silence on the phone like he did not know what he was doing.

Can anyone help me out? I was looking at other people having this problem and I saw people talking about "User name" "Password" "APN".

That whole "Mobile Data" page is completly blank.

For the cost of the phone/contract I am surprised at the lack of help I got from them.

Message 30 of 47