Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 14 Pro Max "Call Failed"

Suspishio
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My iphone was bought from the UK Apple Store because of the pre-Christmas  iPhone 14 Pro Max drought at O2.  I can receive calls but cannot make calls anywhere - getting the "Call Failed" message.  Nor can I establish WiFi calling.  The phone uses an eSIM provided at a visit to an O2 store.

All O2 purchased iPhones in the family do not have this problem.

How do I get this resolved?  Am I right in thinking this is because the iPhone does not have O2 firmware?

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146286 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28161 Solutions

@Suspishio 

I guess the esim needs a rest as it appears to not be fully activated.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7035 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1573 Solutions

With regards to WiFi Calling this may need turning on in your O2 account.

There is no specific firmware with iPhones but they do use carrier settings

First thing to do is update those settings.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

Suspishio
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply.  I cannot see how to update the carrier settings.  Can you advices, please?

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 146286 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28161 Solutions

@Suspishio 

Connect to iTunes on a PC or laptop to get all available updates.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

Suspishio
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The iTunes thing didn't work.  I applied a patch to iTunes to expose carrier settings. (https://cadzow.com.au/cadzow/details.aspx?ID=2462

But in iTunes, there was no "Summary" option to allow me to change the carrier setting. 

I've noticed on my iPhone that the "NETWORK" name is void in the "PRIMARY" setting (General/About) but is present as "O2 - UK" in the "TRAVEL" setting.  If I set everything to the TRAVEL profile, I can make calls.  The stuff I've mentioned above no longer appears in Settings/About.

Instead  under the "ESIM" heading, the Network name is "O2 WiFiCall".  So there's hope.  I'll eventually find an O2 Guru in my local shop and see if this can be properly bottomed out.  My instinct is to go back to physical SIM.

Thanks for help so far.  Any other thoughts, please don't hesitate!

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 146286 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28161 Solutions

@Suspishio 

I guess the esim needs a rest as it appears to not be fully activated.

Message 6 of 7

Suspishio
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

e-SIM swapped for a proper SIM.  All problems solved.

Message 7 of 7