Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 9 public beta

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Just so those interested are aware the public beta for iOS 9 was deployed yeterday. Users can sign up at beta.apple.com.

You need to install a profile on your phone and the update is downloaded OTA

Ensure you make a full backup to iTunes before installing the update just in case.

This is the same version as those in the developer program, includes Apple Music and the new News app (though this is prone to crashing from reviews available at the moment).

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you done this yet? I received my beta emails today however I'm a bit cautious as some people have fed back that there's been correct iTunes back ups happening?
Message 2 of 7

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
I tried to do it, but for some reason I get stuck in a loop when logging in, it accepts my credentials and returns me back to the same log-in page.

The iTunes back ups are working, from what I understand is people are upgrading then deciding on a full restore at which point the original backup cannot be used as it comes from an earlier version of iOS, the backup created will only work with the iOS version installed on the users phone when competing the backup.

There are ways to revert back to iOS 8.4 at the moment anyway (though not earlier as Apple have stopped signing 8.3).

If you do this and are considering a restore for a fresh phone afterwards it is recommended to run another backup after the installation of 9 so that the backup can be used with 9.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for sharing @PhoneChanger slight_smile
Message 4 of 7

wytey-
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thanks but I think I'll let everyone else do the testing this time and I'll take a break grin
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Installed it on my 5 a few weeks ago, and haven't encountered any significant bugs only a few improvements on what I believe to be a great OS, installed it on my 6 today.
Message 6 of 7

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Public beta 2 came out last week, much better and more stable, some of the major defects (or noticeable ones) have now been fixed
Message 7 of 7