cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 9.3 Update - Very weak / intermittent service in strong areas - Call failure and cannot receive

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I've tried resetting my iPhone 6s a million different ways including restoring and resetting all sorts of different things, airplane mode, taking SIM card out and putting back in again. Tried calling up O2 - useless. Tried calling Apple - useless. Can't figure out if it's the phone or the network.

Things were working fine before the 9.3 update but now I cannot receive calls or make outbound calls. 3G and 4G is intermittent and often not working when in strong reception areas (just shows E or GPRS). 

Help please!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Which iPhone do you have? You can look at the status checker in your myo2 & click I disagree or call on 202 to report it

@gindygoo the battery life is a lot better. I can get a day to a day & a 1/2 medium usage out of my iPhone 6

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well after trying reset after reset and endless online chats with Apple it seems that iOS 9.3 isn't the culprit.

The problem I have now is clear:

4G functionality with regards to data and calls works when in a 4G area. Whenever I move to a 3G or 2G area I get 'No Service' or 'E'. I live in a 1-2 bar 4G area which implies much stronger 2G and 3G signal but yet I get nothing when I force the iPhone to use 2G or 3G. Is this an O2 issue or an iPhone hardware/software issue?

Am I within my rights to go to the O2 store that sold it to me and swap this phone with one that bloody well works? 

Thanks!

Message 12 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

O2 won't swap your phone as this has nothing to do with them.

If you read the Apple forums iOs 9.3 has come with many problems and connecting to 4G is one of them . A few have had to roll back to 9.2 ...some had a connection issue due to an ad blocking app they previously installed etc etc etc...

You would be better to either take this phone to an Apple store and get them to look at it...or roll back to 9.2?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7501572?start=0&tstart=0

http://www.breathecast.com/articles/ios-9-3-problems-and-glitches-activation-issues-found-what-you-n...

I found many more similar articles just by googling them. One thing is certain, none of them relate to the network you are on...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
O2 will offer to send it for a repair which will come back as no fault found.
If you want an exchange you need to go to Apple directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

My iphone 6s was running the beta and now full 9.3 an I do not see this issue.

I live in a marginal 4g area and the local 2g mast is closer so the iphone tries to latch on to fastest speed so that causes a no signal prompt, this is a known local issue and i have to set the iphone to only use 2g in settings> mobile data> Mobile data options> voice and data to 2g (if you have good 3g try that).

This has been happeniong for months since the distant mast went live not an ios issue just a network issue.

Obviously I can enable tugo as well and when at home / pub get calls via wifi.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 15