cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i get 4 bars signal with o2-uk but no 3g or any form of mobile data

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello there iv been reading up and similar problems happen to other people.
iv bought a iphone 4s from tescos its a pay monthly however i get signal but when i try to use maps ot the internet it says that im not connected iv checked every thing taken the sim out and put it back in many times iv even reset the iphone a few times and also change the anp as well as reset network settings
can anyone help me at all?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Just make sure you have time to return within cooling off its horrible leaving it to last second and rushing always something gets in the way.

Could try a complete restore from iTunes it may be a conflict somewhere.

You can get converters for free from O2 stores. Presuming it doesn't magically work tomorrow:)

You'll have to keep us apprised of how you get on.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Do you like in a 3G area my friend?

http://status.o2.co.uk/ (check here)

Also what are your APN set to?

Settings>general> mobile data>mobile data network.

Are they idata?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

says its ok indoors and outdoors 
the apn is idata.o2.co.uk
my iphone is on contract not pay as you go

Message 3 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Good to hear its all been checked out.

Right how long have you had the phone?

Is this issue always present or have you been able to get online before?
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

pretty much got it today around about 11 this morning i'v been trying all day. but im probably going to have to wait untill the 24 hours has pasted before trying again i guess

Message 5 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Could be a slight chance its not fully provisioned yet. I think tescos have a 2 week cool off period(could be wrong so check please)

Gives us two weeks to find a fix without getting you stuck paying for nothing.

Ok do you have another phone available you could check the SIM card in? Just so we can rule out either the phone being at fault(bad ariel maybe) or the network(not being fully set up yet)

Got to give you credit you really have done your groundwork its a lovely change to see:)

Well get this sorted dont worry:)

Also welcome to the forum:)
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

cheers i dont have a converter for the micro sim bu i have another o2 phone but is pay as you go but i get 3g with it ill just wait the cool off period 
and thank you for your help 

Message 7 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Just make sure you have time to return within cooling off its horrible leaving it to last second and rushing always something gets in the way.

Could try a complete restore from iTunes it may be a conflict somewhere.

You can get converters for free from O2 stores. Presuming it doesn't magically work tomorrow:)

You'll have to keep us apprised of how you get on.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hello there iv been reading up and similar problems happen to other people.
iv bought a iphone 4s from tescos its a pay monthly however i get signal but when i try to use maps ot the internet it says that im not connected iv checked every thing taken the sim out and put it back in many times iv even reset the iphone a few times and also change the anp as well as reset network settings
can anyone help me at all?

Just a thought, but do you have the correct data bolt on because data bolt ons differ from Android handsets to iPhone handsets for example.

Message 9 of 9