cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will iPhone 5S be available in O2 store on Friday 20th September 2013?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, does anyone know if the iPhone 5S will be available to purchase from a O2 retail store on Friday 20th September 2013? I called into my local branch yesterday and I was informed that they would not have any physical stock in store on that date and that I would only be able to order one. I don't want to travel all the way to my local store and then wait in a queue to find out that they have none in stock. It will be easier to just place the order online.

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Theirs going to be a lot of disappointed people. 

Who will come on here & vent there anger on Friday after they fail to get there new shiny thing tongue

And the members will be here to help them vent said anger !

Message 11 of 55

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

What are your thoughts on this? 

I'm glad I have the week off.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 12 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
so i should be able to get one if i phone, but not if i go into a store?
Message 13 of 55

Rycal
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
so i should be able to get one if i phone, but not if i go into a store?

I would say you are unlikely to receive one on the 20th. The 20th is just when pre-orders start.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 14 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not one to defend carriers normally but looks like stocks either due to larger country rollout (China) included in launch or just generally limited production is gonna make this launch a real dud by the looks of it for O2 and other carriers if no-one other than ppl queuing outside Apple stores is going to get a handset on day 1

Given at places like Meadowhall in Sheffield on 5 launchday had 150 line deep queue by 3AM i am gonna skip this one

Shame really ... losing custom from me as i'd probably have done a Refresh deal but not going to queue up at a store not to get a phone
Message 15 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Shame really ... losing custom from me as i'd probably have done a Refresh deal but not going to queue up at a store not to get a phone

Just wait until all the fuss has died down and walk in or do it online ,and get one then !

Message 16 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wait until all the fuss has died down and walk in or do it online ,and get one then !

Lol ... you clearly don't know me Smiley LOL

Will be the 1st time i didn't have an iPhone on launch day

Message 17 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I am reading the above correctly, I can go on line on Friday and buy the 5S, or I can phone up on Friday (if I can get through) and buy the phone and there will be no delay in my getting the phone, i.e. someone will actually post it to me so it can go via yodel and I can sit in day after day waiting for it??? 

But if I go to a store to buy it which for some of us is the most sensible method of buying, and the way we have done it for all our iPhones, delivery is delayed???  And again it may have to be sent to us via yodel so we can sit in day after day waiting in case it arrives.

I've not looked at the other networks to see if they expect to have the 5S in store on launch day but assume this is a shortage hitting all of them rather than just O2 being penalised.  I'm on the 4G price promise from iPhone 5 launch so the only way I can upgrade this time is via O2.

Message 18 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not 100% when you could expect delivery of the iPhone 5s if you order online.

Nor is it with Apple onlines ordering system.

It's a hit the button on the 20th and see !
Message 19 of 55

Rycal
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
If you order online, in store or over the phone you will be subject to a delayed delivery. The specifics of the delay have yet to be announced but it could be weeks. We hope to know more in the coming days.

Message 20 of 55