cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin email problem on iphone4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I have a new iphone 4 and I cannot set my virgin.net email to work, I have it on my android phone with the following settings:-
Imap.virginmedia.com
Port 993
Security SSL

Outgoing
Smtp.virginmedia.com
Port 465
Security SSL

I now live in Spain so I the iPhone is unlocked with an orange spanish sim. When I have tried to load the email account it states the settings are for a UK server, not sure why as it works fine on my android here which has an O2 sim.

When the iPhone has searched for the account it brings up hundreds of old emails, but no folders and I cannot send any emails, they just go to the outbox.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Sarah
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sarah

It looks like you might have to use the network provider's SMTP details instead of the Vigin one. Unfortunately i dont know what that would be, but get in touch with them and find out what it is, and i reckon that would work. Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 4

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great advice brimc1968 slight_smile

Was this helpful Sarah?

Cheers
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just checking the community board for help as I have an old ntl world (became virgin) email address where suddenly this week, after upgrading to the i0S7 software, I couldn't send emails from my iphone 4 via the smtp at o2. Kept getting username and password are incorrect, or issues with your network message. After protracted communications with O2 and Virgin, who tried to be helpful, I just had the idea to put in the smpt.o2.co.uk in the outgoing server and actually leave the user name and password blank. BINGO connected immediately and I can send emails via the O2 server for my ntl world account. Hope this info may prove useful for somebody in the community at some point who may suddenly find themselves with a similar conundrum.
Best wishes slight_smile
Message 4 of 4