cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Text Messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the last 3 days, every hour, I get a text from 02's 1010 number. It says "Thanks. We'll set up picture messaging now and let you know when it's ready.  You'll need the latest software or update for your phone, so make sure you'v got it."  I have asked o2 via their chat software to stop these messages (yesterday) and was told it would take 24 hours to take effect.  Guess what, they are still coming more than 24 hours later.  Today I tried again via the phone and eventually got through to a UK call centre.  They switched the messages on and off a couple of times, told me to turn my phone off and on after the call.  And the same message is still coming through on the hour every hour.  How can I get them stopped ?  Is there a way to block them ?  Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You could try blocking it on your handset but really cs should be able to stop it - something is obviously stuck on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You could try blocking it on your handset but really cs should be able to stop it - something is obviously stuck on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I would give them a call @Anonymous (dont use live chat again) http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I thought they had called?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Yes they had...(and yes I missed that) but obviously need to call again as it hasn't been sorted!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Yup....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6