cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking old iphone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey i'm Beth.

Basically my friends iphone 4 contract ended and they upgraded to the iphone 5, and gave the iphone 4 to me. My contract of my own phone is currently on Three, but the iphone was on 02. I was wondering if there was any way I could go about unlocking it so I can use my Three sim in it? I still have the old sim card for the iphone if that helps. slight_smile Thankyou tongue

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
You could just get your friend to call CS and ask them to do it for you if it's easier, but you'd have to do it tomorrow when they open in the morning slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Cheapest way would be for you to get your friend to fill in the details on this form with the old number they used https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form this would be a free unlock. Otherwise you need to use an O2 payg sim in it for a few days then complete the form yourself but you need £15 credit on the sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou so much! I will get them to fill out the form then. slight_smile 

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Make sure they use their number that was used on the contract...... wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

My friend has kept his number for his new contract, what do we do now? 😞

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Just quote the number as if it was still in the old phone and use the IMEI number from the phone you now have.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay sorry we are like 2 plankls literally.. its asking for;

-Enter the following characters from your security password (if you have one)

-your current airtime balance (He has unlimited)

-Please provide two numbers that you call frequently from this mobile

Its basically asking all about his phone, so wont this unlock his instead of mine?

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
No, because it will ask you for the IMEI number of the phone you want to unlock....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
You could just get your friend to call CS and ask them to do it for you if it's easier, but you'd have to do it tomorrow when they open in the morning slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou, the request has been sent. slight_smile

Message 10 of 11