cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone from Vodafone to O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was given an iPhone 4 which was previously on Vodafone. I was assured this was already unlocked so I activated my new microsim.

Unfortunately it wasn't unlocked and now I am locked out of using any phone!

How do I unlock the phone from Vodafone to work on O2?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as I am aware (and things may have changed) if the phone was bought from Vodafone only the original customer can unlock it.

Good Afternoon @Anonymous 

After looking on their Community Forum that may be still the case.

I would fall back on either following my advice to ask the original owner to request the unlock, or sell the iPhone the OP has and buy one specifically on o2 {if thats the only network they want to use in it ,and not use it abroad with a country specific local sim card} or an unlocked to all networks one.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
You need to ask voda or try a market stall.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You will have to ask the person you got the iphone off to get it unlocked or become a vodaphone customer and ask for it to be unlocked through your own account.

You will have to check their T&C

They charge £19.99 to Payg Customers and £19.99 to contract customers who have been in contract under a year.

The unlock request form is on their homepage.

Edit to add Vodaphone unlocking fee.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I am aware (and things may have changed) if the phone was bought from Vodafone only the original customer can unlock it.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Afternoon @Anonymous 

After looking on their Community Forum that may be still the case.

I would fall back on either following my advice to ask the original owner to request the unlock, or sell the iPhone the OP has and buy one specifically on o2 {if thats the only network they want to use in it ,and not use it abroad with a country specific local sim card} or an unlocked to all networks one.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That is correct Tracey.... They make it most difficult for non customers.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is correct Tracey.... They make it most difficult for non customers.

They don't make life easy for customers either!  I nearly went back to them as they have better reception for me than O2.  Then I remembered why I left...

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
LOL slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8