cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking and Barring issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a used iphone and checked the imei before I bought it to make sure it wasn't stolen and blacklisted it turned out to be fine.

As I wanted to use the phone on another network I requested an unlock.

2 issues have come up:

It has been 72hours and I rang o2 and they said the process never went through because the phone is barred so they will refund me the £15.

I contacted o2 again to check if the phone is barred and they are adament that it is not and are now saying that the request was placed on 16/06/2017 when it was actually placed on 14/06/2017 and the phone will be unlocked in 72hours.

Does anyone know why o2 said the phone is barred when it clearly is not.

I also had the oppertunity to return the phone if it was barred so I contacted o2 just to make sure and now they were adament that it is not barred.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Was this live chat or on the phone .

for all these sort of issues a call is better 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Follow the process here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
A test with the sim that the phone is locked to will confirm if barred or not.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

my o2 sim works fine in the phone. I rang up today and they go that there is a bar on the account and they will lift it for me which should take 24hours. So will have to wait and see what happens.

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Oh so it was the account that had a block on it after all!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous welcome to the forum! Let us know how you get on with the phone and if the bar got lifted in the end?

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

The bar was lifted but o2 are sending me round in circles to unlock the phone. Everytime I ring they say a different request date so evertime I ring they say another 72 hours. Is anyone else experiencing this issue.

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Maybe an unlocking issue with them at the moment?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope spoke to them no problem on there end. They send me through to the escalation team which tell me there is nothing that can he done except to wait for 72hours until the unlocking team reply. So got a minimum of another 6days to wait before my phone gets potentialy unlocked. And CS are useless tbh they dont offer up any solutions they just say we cant do anything and then they just stop talking waiting for me to offer a solution.
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
@MercedesS is there anything you can do to look into this for these guys at all?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12