Did you mean: 

USA iPhone 14 Pro use in UK

jackdorney
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I am planning on purchasing an iPhone 14 Pro from the USA in the next few weeks however I wanted to check that it would work with my network. I will be buying it from the Apple Store USA so it will be unlocked however, the USA version does not have a physical sim card tray. I can see on the website that o2 does offer esims but I wanted to check that I would be able to use my phone in the UK before I purchase it

Kind Regards

Jack Dorney

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124238 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

According to the Apple Community it will work in the UK

However, if your goal is to purchase this phone, it will need to be sent back to the U.S. should it require servicing by Apple ... as Apple does not provide an international warranty on iPhones. Apple also does not accept shipments from other countries ... so getting the phone back to Apple would require that either you travel back or that you send the phone to a friend or relative in the U.S. to handle getting it to Apple.7

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253815822 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124238 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

According to the Apple Community it will work in the UK

However, if your goal is to purchase this phone, it will need to be sent back to the U.S. should it require servicing by Apple ... as Apple does not provide an international warranty on iPhones. Apple also does not accept shipments from other countries ... so getting the phone back to Apple would require that either you travel back or that you send the phone to a friend or relative in the U.S. to handle getting it to Apple.7

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253815822 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7116 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

The big problem with eSIM only is that if there is a network outage you cannot simply pop in a SIM from another network in the spare SIM slot as you can with the UK version.

Also you can only use one ESIM at a time unlike the UK version where you can have both the plastic and eSIM together

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3