Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueDepth camera fault

Jade52
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My daughter has an iPhone 13. When using the front camera it has multiple magenta vertical lines during front camera preview and also images then taken. Rear camera is working fine. I took phone into an apple shop and they said it was a hardware failure and would cost 270 to fix. Is this true? I called Insurance who won’t fix as it wasn’t dropped (that we know of). 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146286 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28161 Solutions

@Jade52 

If the phone is over 12 months old you'll have to pay up to fix it or claim on the insurance.

Insurance won't refuse as long as you have damage insurance. It could easily have been dropped or knocked without you knowing.

It may be cheaper to go to a local repair shop.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146286 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28161 Solutions

@Jade52 

If the phone is over 12 months old you'll have to pay up to fix it or claim on the insurance.

Insurance won't refuse as long as you have damage insurance. It could easily have been dropped or knocked without you knowing.

It may be cheaper to go to a local repair shop.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2