Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan not working

GemH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Along with many others from reading recent posts I’m struggling to connect my series 8 Apple Watch to my data plan. When I got the watch last week, all seemed to be fine but once I started leaving my phone at home I noticed the data plan wasn’t kicking in. I’ve tried lots of things to try and fix it but with no success. I’ve also removed the plan with the aim of adding it again and now every time I try to add the mobile plan it wants me add a new data plan and won’t recognise my existing plan. Has anyone successfully resolved any similar issues? Any help is much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

AppleFanBoy1983
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having a similar issue, in the Watch App on your phone > Mobile Date, does it show O2 under "Not in Use"?

Message 2 of 70

GemH
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, it shows under not in use and when you click the ‘I’ button it says ‘no sim’ and ‘no connection’

Message 3 of 70

AppleFanBoy1983
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same as me, I've just done talking to O2 support and they're reset my eSIM and told me to keep resetting my device and contact them again if not resolved in 24 hours

Message 4 of 70

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12143 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

Two more here with the same problem @O2Ryan .

You are busy this morning!

Can you get in touch with someone at o2 @Martin-O2 @RafaC @Breanna ? I wouldn't like to guess how many issues we are seeing with Apple watches in the last few days and if the community is only a small part of the o2/VMo2 customer base then it must be a truly massive problem!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 70

AppleFanBoy1983
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got the feeling from the support chap I spoke to that this might be a bigger issue as he was asking for my model, software version, how I'm checking my data connection ect., almost like they're trying to narrow down where the issue is!

Message 6 of 70

GemH
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have called them and it was quite frustrating, the call handler just wanted to put me through to Apple support, I asked them not to do that and they just ended the call, I really don’t know what to do, I guess I’ll have to try them again, thanks for the eSim tip maybe I could mention this to them. 

Message 7 of 70

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gmarkj  thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over to them now. We are aware of the issue on our side, we are raising individual cases for this issue and waiting for an update from engineers and apple.

signature
Message 8 of 70

GemH
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @O2Ryan 

Message 9 of 70

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12143 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

Thanks for the update @O2Ryan .

"Pleased" to hear there is a wider issue and that o2 are aware of it - at least customers know that the issue is being worked on.

Can you let us know if/when it gets resolved?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 70