Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer eSim between current iPhone and new iPhone

MarkF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My current iPhone uses an eSIm. I have ordered a new phone (from Apple, not O2) and I will need to transfer the eSIM from my current phone to the new one.

I have read that you need to visit and O2 shop in order to get a new eSIM to use in the new phone even though I am keeping the same number and staying with the same network. I wasn't sure if this was out-of-date information.

Is it really the case that this is the process for transferring eSIMs?? 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MK82
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Trying to order a new eSIM through chat feature. @Enlli Does the app generate the eSIM QR code immediately through the app, or do they send the paper through the post. 

Message 21 of 24

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6738 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

When I did mine I started with my original SIM in slot one. Selected as per this screen grab and it installed from the app.

That was with Android, don't know about iPhones

1000007681.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 22 of 24

Daft-Vader
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Probably too late for you but not true. 

You can transfer eSims from iPhone to iPhone by putting them close to each other and on the new phone going to setting - mobile service - Add eSim - Transfer from nearby iPhone. Just done it with mine and it works a treat. 

Message 23 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144833 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Daft-Vader 

It was true back in 2022 when the question was asked originally.

The addition has been added with iOS16 so is now possible on networks that support the function.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 24