Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer eSim between current iPhone and new iPhone

MarkF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My current iPhone uses an eSIm. I have ordered a new phone (from Apple, not O2) and I will need to transfer the eSIM from my current phone to the new one.

I have read that you need to visit and O2 shop in order to get a new eSIM to use in the new phone even though I am keeping the same number and staying with the same network. I wasn't sure if this was out-of-date information.

Is it really the case that this is the process for transferring eSIMs?? 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36366 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@stphnwrd wrote:

I'm going through this process at the moment. I transferred my old iPhone to a new iPhone using the Transfer function, not realising the esim is not included in the transfer. After the transfer was complete, I reset my old iPhone and my mobile number was deactivated. I called O2 and was told the only thing to do was go into an O2 shop with ID and ask for an esim pack. I did this but the person in the shop had to call customer service who said they would have to post a new physical sim with my number on it. There was nothing they could do in the shop!

It's been 4 days without mobile service and I'm still waiting for that sim to arrive!

I'll tag in an O2 Advisor, @O2Jonathan, to help you with that, @stphnwrd - keep an eye on your PMs here on the forum, as they will need some account info from you to be able to give you a status on your replacement SIM and subsequent action. Good luck!

Message 11 of 24

Kazuto_Kirigaya
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Is it any different this year? Do I really have to walk into a shop for a piece of paper? This system has been inplace by apple since 2018!

Message 12 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Kazuto_Kirigaya 

Yes, unless you are on the new 360 system, in which case you will have the option in your MyO2..

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 24

Kazuto_Kirigaya
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well, let's hope I'm on the "new" system then! 

I guess I'll need my old phone to do that. I will have it, but I plan on shipping off my old phone to a reseller in the same 1 hour lunch break

Message 14 of 24

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Kazuto_Kirigaya 

No, you can access your MyO2 from the web on any device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 24

Kazuto_Kirigaya
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Oh great, I figured it would text me a 2FA code or something

Message 16 of 24

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Kazuto_Kirigaya 

From memory, it's just a QR code you can scan or something like that.

I think @Enlli has done it recently.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 24

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6739 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

Can't remember if I got an OTP to Verify or not so I would keep the old phone active.

From My O2 on the new handset

Screenshot_20230918_120121_My O2.jpg

Screenshot_20230918_120226_My O2.jpg

connected to WiFi 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 18 of 24

Kazuto_Kirigaya
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just had a look as it says 'after you press confirm, the old SIM gets disconnected immediately' so I don't think there's an OTP, there may be for the sign in

Message 19 of 24

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6739 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

Can't remember re OPT

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 20 of 24