cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simswap has killed old Sim but not activated new one

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone and Merry Christmas!

I received an iPhone 5s yesterday and put the new shipped SIM in, and then turned it on. Didn't realise about the Simswap program - http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ - put the details in and it immediately turned off the Sim in my old iPhone 4s (which was working fine up until then), but my new iPhone 5s has still not activated on the O2 network. Rang CS on 202 and they confirmed my new Sim number was right, but still nothing.

Was thinking it might be a Christmas backlog but my wife also got a new phone yesterday and when I did the simswap it immediately switched on the new one. Any ideas what might be wrong? Shall I just leave it another day? And yes I'm constantly switching on/off etc slight_smile

Cheers! S

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
I guess it could be stuck but I'd give them another call in the morning if not working by then,
Merry Christmas slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks - are they in on Xmas day?!
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Yes, I'm sure they are....
All the new Christmas phones will need help slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

AlignedChaos
Level 9: Fired up
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
I've found that with the SIM swap you often need to force the new SIM to register with the network. You could try switching airplane mode on them off, however I'd suggest that you turn your phone off, wait a few minutes then turn it back on again.

Good luck.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers everyone.

Turned it off overnight, switched it on this morning, still nothing. It's been over 24 hours now. Bah! Any suggestions? 😞
Message 7 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

ring at 10am and before 2pm http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus/christmas-hours

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers. Rang 15 mins ago. Still on hold - naturally! Shame their hold music isn't Xmas music
Message 9 of 11

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Has the sim swap worked yet? If not try doing it online again. Mine took a while to work (but it wasn't during the busy Christmas period). It only worked when I turned my phone off for a bit. Has the network gone off your old sim yet?
Message 10 of 11