Did you mean: 

Setting up Apple Watch.

Alexandjef0
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Just joined o2 after being ported from Virgin.

Added an Apple Watch using my new o2 account, but it was my iPad sim which I don’t really use. Can I use to set up in my iPhone then swap the sim back into the iPad? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Alexandjef0 
The iWatch has a built in esim.

All info on setting up is here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/apple-watch 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

Alexandjef0
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, I’ll just clarify the issue (I’ve also spoken too customer service who pointed me in the right direction, so might have a solution) 

I am a Virgin Media customer - we are being moved to o2 and it’s done in stages. My iPad has been done (got a new sim) but iPhone hasn’t. The sim works in both the iPhone and iPad. 

When I logged into o2 account via iPad, it recognised the new new number and my account showed up (with all the same details as when I was Virgin) 

Since I had an o2 number it allowed me buy an Apple Watch. So I did, but I’ll need to pair it with my phone to set up. And then also the watch will be linked to the sim in the ipad (using that number, receiving texts). However, I want to have it mirror the notifications from my iPhone (that will still have, for now, my Virgin SIM in) 

Customer service have told me to set up duel sim on my iPhone, add the second Sim and do it that way. 

Message 3 of 3