Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting restricted usuage

Emmmmm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there any way to temporarily restrict the hours an iPhone 7 is used?  Ideally I want to block usuage on my sons phone from 11pm to 7am every night for the next few weeks. Is this at all possible?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Emmmmm
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes absolutely, thank you

Message 11 of 17

Emmmmm
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you
Message 12 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12125 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions
Thought that might be the case.
Hope one of the apps listed in MI5's link helps.
Good luck to him - I (vaguely) remember the stresses of sitting my exams, particularly after I struggled through the mocks the year before.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 17

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning and welcome to our community @Emmmmm! Let us know if you found a suitable app for this?  thumbsup

Cheers guys for your comments @Anonymous, @jonsie@Cleoriff@gmarkj@MI5! Nice to see so many of you in this topic wishing good luck for the A levels! slight_smile

Message 14 of 17

Emmmmm
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I do not have access to his phone as he is at school full time so unable to download anything on it! I was hoping for a remote solution from his service provider.  Thank you all for your suggestions anyway.

Message 15 of 17

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Emmmmm wrote:

I do not have access to his phone as he is at school full time so unable to download anything on it! I was hoping for a remote solution from his service provider.  Thank you all for your suggestions anyway.

I've just checked with our Gurus just in case they can think of any additional suggestions for you @Emmmmm. slight_smile Unfortunately there's not a direct way to do this just by calling customer service.

There's a feature called Guided Access on iPhone and iPad that can be used to set time limits (see info below), but this would only work on an app by app basis and you'd need the phone to do it...

The other option is you can contact O2/NSPCC partnership help line on 08088005002 as they can advise on some options you can utilise with your Wi-Fi connection.

How to enable Guided Access on iPhone and iPad:

1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Tap on General.
  3. Tap on Accessibility.
  4. Tap on Guided Access under the Learning section.

Accessibility iPhone Guided Access

1. Tap the switch to turn on Guided Access.
  2. Tap on Passcode Settings.
  3. Tap Set Guided Access Passcode and set a passcode.

Accessibility iPhone Guided Access

Toggle Accessibility Shortcut to On, which allows you to triple-click the Home button and enter Guided Access at any time.

Message 16 of 17

Emmmmm
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again but any suggested solution that involves me getting hold of the phone is not going to happen.  Even if I did manage to get hold of it, I wouldn't be able to access it without his passcode or fingerprint.

Message 17 of 17