Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving and using an audio file?

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So, back to my wifes 4s running 6.01. I have emailed her an audio file she want to use as a message notification. 1st problem, can't see any way to save the email attachment. I found a copy function but then couldn't find anywhere to paste it !!! How do you get an email attachment into the list of files to choose from when setting a notification tone please ???
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've still not got this working. From what I can see the latest version of iTunes doesn't allow me to "show in finder" nor does it allow me to rename the file extension. Hence the files are now on the phone but still cannot be selected to use as ringtones or message tones..... Now I am even more convinced that android is the way forward !!!!! ;(
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 11 of 14

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
http://www.iringer.net/
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 12 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'll give it a try when I'm sober wink

Currently using:
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
On a PC I save the file to the desktop, rename it there and drag it into iTunes, not sure if the same can be done on a Mac?
Message 14 of 14