Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving texts that have been remotely deleted

RoyalFactor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There is a potential legal case I have been asked about where someone has said something by text that they are now denying. The person who received the texts has been asked to produce them by a lawyer and has gone to her o2 iphone to find that the conversation now only comprises her texts, all those of the other party have disappeared. How is this possible? And can they be retrieved from a central system?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RoyalFactor If the texts are no longer there then they may be lost. In some messenging apps there is an option to delete text but that is usually before the recipient has actually read them

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RoyalFactor If the texts are no longer there then they may be lost. In some messenging apps there is an option to delete text but that is usually before the recipient has actually read them

Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@RoyalFactorThe only way I can retrieve deleted texts is by using SMS Back Up and Restore. Not sure that's available for iPhones though?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Try restoring the phone from a backup but they won’t be deleted unless the person actually deleted them.
They can’t delete by themselves.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

A lot of discussion about iPhone sms back up and restore here

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4344995

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

RoyalFactor
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Unfortunately the phone wasn’t backed up. I’m wondering if O2 will have them on a central server?
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RoyalFactorwrote:
Unfortunately the phone wasn’t backed up. I’m wondering if O2 will have them on a central server?

I’m not sure that’s possible 

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No, I'm afraid they are gone forever.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 14

RoyalFactor
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok, thanks. Any idea how it could have been done?
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RoyalFactor The previous post of mine said that possibly the person had deleted them themselves. Also corroborated in another post by @MI5

Message 10 of 14