cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly Account

Anonymous
Not applicable
My partner recently changed to pay monthly tariff, the day we went into the o2 shop, he had forgot his bank details. The guy in the shop said that he could start in by using my account and that the next day he was in town, he could pop in with his details and they would change it over for him. Went into the shop the following week, explained the situation to the staff member, she told him, that they couldn't do that in the shop, he would have to wait for the first payment to come out and then ring o2 customer service to get it change. We tried this last night, only to be told, that he would have to wait till the 12 months was up, before he could change the details over as both numbers are under the one account! Does anyone know if we can get bank details changed over, as he cant keep an eye on his usage, as it is on my account and he can't get access to his information through his own my o2 app
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

This sounds to me like the member of staff put your partners number onto your O2 account, meaning you are responsible for that line and both numbers will show on your bill. Your going to have to call 202 and raise this with customer services.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I think you should be able to do this via My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Click on billing details

Scroll down to where it says View payment details

(you will have to set up a 4 digit pin if you haven't already done so)

Click on it and then click on change payment details.

You can only change it if there are 7 working days clear before the direct debit is due to be taken.

If you have any problems at all you must go back to O2 CS. You were sold the phone on the understanding you could change bank details. If they are saying now that you can't...then you have been mis-sold a contract

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

This sounds to me like the member of staff put your partners number onto your O2 account, meaning you are responsible for that line and both numbers will show on your bill. Your going to have to call 202 and raise this with customer services.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Actually re-thinking this, it probably wont work via MyO2 as both numbers are on your account and linked to your bank. I doubt you could change or separate just one of them.

Have a look to check.......if you are unable to do it then follow my second piece of advice and contact CS. As I said, you have in theory been mis-sold a contract

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was a sim only tariff, already contacted cs, they say can't change the details till the 12 months is up. But he only took it out on my account cuz the guy in the shop told him it could be changed. The girl in the shop told us we could change it through cs, but they say we can't.
Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It was a sim only tariff, already contacted cs, they say can't change the details till the 12 months is up. But he only took it out on my account cuz the guy in the shop told him it could be changed. The girl in the shop told us we could change it through cs, but they say we can't.

I would try again. You will get a different customer advisor and if you state you feel you were missold the contract they may be more sympathetic.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 can't change the name on an account without closing the said account and taking out another.

However you have the right of change of mind and can cancel the contract within 14 days, though I think that has now changed to 28 days. That would be the action I would take and then you can renew the contract with the correct details. Messy I know but it seems the only way.

Message 7 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Hopefully you are still within the time frame for you to cancel. If so, please follow the advice given to you by @jonsie and call customer service again. You are responsible for any charges made on that sim card while it is in your name, so it's best that if you can, you get your partner to take over the charges on that card.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Cancelling the current one and taking a new one with the correct details is the only way to fix this.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got told 14 days cooling off period when I upgraded on Friday 

Message 10 of 11