Did you mean: 

O2 esim and apple watch O2 esim PLUS Vodafone physical sim

LordFarquart
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I have tried for some time to research and solve myself.

I have an unlcoked iphone Xs with a physical SIM

I have just started a new personal number on O2 pay monthly which connects to cellular on my apple watch successfully

The problem is that when I turn off my iphone, move a distance away or put back in my vodafone physical SIM the cellular esim on the watch disappears.

I have added my O2 sim as an esim to my iphone xs now but this just causes more issues and constant activation requests when I try and change between iphone esim and vodafone physical sim.

Quite messy!- any ideas?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@LordFarquart Might be more of an issue for Apple rather than O2. https://support.apple.com/en-gb

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

LordFarquart
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you - that is what I thought but they bounced me to O2 and I've always found the discussions here provide the best answers! 🙂

If its definitely an apple issue and no-one has had a similar issue I'll go back to apple.

Message 3 of 8

LordFarquart
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And my data plan esim code is no longer valid.  What a nightmare.  I'll have to get on to O2 AND apple

Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@LordFarquart I'm not an iPhone person, but there are a few in the community who are. Not too many people post this late. Perhaps one of them will come on in the morning with a better answer for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@LordFarquart

Have you seen this Apple Support Page:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT209043

also have you retried resetting all the network connections on both the apple watch and the iPhone..

Did you have Vodafone One Number by any chance? as this causes problems with my Galaxy Watch.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 8

LordFarquart
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have been through every level of the apple help process now including in store and there is no hardware problem.  Indeed I have tried another new dual sim apple phone and the problem is the same (constant activation loop that I cannot get out of)

The only think I can think is that the Vodafone SIM I have is a corporate one. 

Perhaps the combination of vodafone corporate and O2 esim is not supported in an applie iphone dual sim? Any O2 employees here available to check that?

(apple help did check their database and said that combination should not be a problem though......)

Thanks all!

Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@LordFarquart

We have the opposite at work with users using a corporate sim from o2 and a vodafone personal one. So shouldn't be any different.

Is your phone managed by an MDM solution by any chance?

Have you spoken to your Mobile Admin or Vodafone at all?
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 8