cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 customer services say I’m a liar!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined virgin media on the ultimate volt bundle which is advertised as coming with an o2 sim with unlimited data. My unlimited data has dropped to 250gb. I called o2 only for the agent to deny it should be unlimited data despite me seeing it on the MYO2 app while on the call! I had to call virgin media for them to raise it directly with o2 as the staff at o2 don’t even know what products they are advertising as being for sale! False advertising? Breach of contract? Does o2 need another fine from OFCOM before they start learning from their mistakes.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8111 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

@Anonymous 

It may be worth going into the my O2 app and seeing if Volt Benefits have actually been applied under your Bolt Ons.

I'm active on the Virgin Forum and have never seen anyone who has ordered your package get other than Unlimited Data from the off.

However, I have not come across anyone in your position before. 

I agree, Volt is a mess, most of the problems seem to be caused by Virgin who are keen to get people signed up to the Top Package, which is a nice little earner in bonuses. I also get a strong impression that some of the agents haven't a clue what they are doing and how to fix things when they go wrong. They sign you up to O2 but after that wash their hands of any problems 

Screenshot_20221011-183810_My O2.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 11 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

If this really is the case, as mentioned above, I’m now worried about what happens at the end of my contract. Will I lose my volt benefits at the end of the contact because one component ends sooner for something that is not my fault? Or will I have to at for an additional month of out of contract o2 costs to keep the benefits? Will I be ending the contract with a product I did not order? Is this just a sneaky way of o2 making you renew with them just to retain the benefits of their partner? 

This is going to be a mess! I can see it already. It may be best just to cancel the whole thing now and wait until they align things properly 

Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

All the problems I’ve had are with the o2 side of things not the Virgin media side. The VM agents have been so much better.

yes, MYO2 app says my volt benefits have been applied and until a few days ago was unlimited when it changed. When I called o2, the agent told me ultimate volt does not come with unlimited data but only 250gb despite it being advertised on o2 website and the app as unlimited. So either the agent is lying or the website is.

Message 13 of 29

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8111 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

Once Volt is running if you cancel one service the other keeps running

If you cancel the phone you keep your speed bump on Virgin Media 

If you cancel your Virgin Media you keep your double data on O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

5EA358D8-7D60-40BA-AD34-064BC71B4DE2.jpeg

 as I can get volt to my address as it’s being installed I can only assume the the other option of my volt benefits already applied

Message 15 of 29

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11640 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@Anonymous 

You won't lose any benefits as your o2 contract does just stop, it will roll on at your current price (usual rpi price increase added on), and when your VM contract expires then you renegotiate.. 

You maybe waiting a while, even BT & EE have problems....

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 16 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

It still doesn’t excuse the fact that the o2 agent directly told me “the ultimate volt does not come with unlimited data”. 

Message 17 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s the point!! It’s not “double data” it’s “unlimited”. If it’s only double data then it’s false advertising? Should I just go directly to OFCOM to resolve this?

370F8C35-995F-4AEA-8DE3-7DDBF26D73E4.jpeg

Message 18 of 29

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11640 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@Anonymous 

The o2 agent is talking 🥦  it clearly states unlimited, in fact its either 10Gb or Unlimited, I would have just ended the call and call back, to speak to someone else to be fair.

Ofcom don't deal with Consumer Complaints, it's the CIDR service

Has @O2Lisa been in touch at all via DM?

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

316DF977-2BCE-4194-918C-0EA46A34925E.png

 Yes my volt benefits are apparently active on my app. But the problem is like I keep saying and being ignored is that o2 think the volt benefit is only 250gb and not unlimited as advertised, This is the whole point of this thread!!!

Message 20 of 29