cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service iPhone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help, I have had my iPhone 5 for about 5 months now, today it said I had no service for several hours, turned it off and on and now I have the reception bar icon up with no bars I.e. no reception, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Try cleaning the sim caard. Check there are no problems by entering your postcode :        

O2 Service Status

Do you know anyone else having problems with O2 in your area? If so, contact customer service.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Try cleaning the sim caard. Check there are no problems by entering your postcode :        

O2 Service Status

Do you know anyone else having problems with O2 in your area? If so, contact customer service.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You may need a new nano sim.

If it persists after your attempts to remedy this then if you can book an appointment at your most local Apple Genius Bar.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm afraid it just O2 have terrible coverage the most common message in the top left corner is no service, O2 say that coverage is fine in my area but I've had the same trouble with every phone! Try vodaphone much better!
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
All the networks do not commit to 100% coverage all the time.

Right now for example due to the weather my 4G is reduced to 3G.
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Try vodaphone much better!

In some areas, they will be, in others they won't be.

I can only get 2G on voda at home but 3G with O2 and Three.

You gotta choose what gives you the best signal where you are.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm afraid it just O2 have terrible coverage the most common message in the top left corner is no service, O2 say that coverage is fine in my area but I've had the same trouble with every phone! Try vodaphone much better!

Did you really sign in here just to post that? Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 7