Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim

Harrymaynard03
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Please help I don’t know what I’m doing .I recvd new phone and a new sim put the new sim in my new phone not doing anything so I’m still using my old phone for outgoing calls etc seems to be still allowing my new usage on my old phone I’m confused what am I doing wrong and why is my old SIM card still working in my old phone .When I rang O2 lady spoke to me like I was really thick and just kept saying youlle know when new SIM card in new phone goes live because you won’t be able to use old phone anymore and you will be able to start using new phone .That was two weeks ago and still new phone no sign of being able to dial out .Also when new phone eventually in use will I have new number as I would like new one if possible how would I do this .Please help I’m really confused
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23078 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Harrymaynard03 If your old sim is the same size as your new one, all you have to do is put your old sim in your new phone. If it's a different size, then follow the link provided by @jonsie.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23078 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Harrymaynard03 If your old sim is the same size as your new one, all you have to do is put your old sim in your new phone. If it's a different size, then follow the link provided by @jonsie.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
When you upgrade your old sim receives the new account details. That’s why you are seeing the new allowances on your old phone. It’s the sim that carries all your account details, not the phone, so you can put that sim in any phone and use your account allowances.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Harrymaynard03, please let us know how you're getting on with this - did the advice above from @jonsie@Bambino and @MI5 help you out? slight_smile

Message 6 of 7

Harrymaynard03
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thankyou that’s simple even for me I’m a technophobe don’t understand why lady at O2 didn’t just say that when I rang her cheers 👍
Message 7 of 7