Did you mean: 

New Apple iPad Pro with steady surfer plan sim

PadIpad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

‘I’ve recently just swapped my old 12” iPad (Wi-Fi & 4G) for one of the new 12” iPad Pro(Wi-Fi & 4G) (purchased directly with Apple). This change has also coincided with me swapping bank details and ran into a problem when trying to change the rolling payment on the new device.

On my old iPad I used to access the payment details for the mobile sim using the “settings | mobile data | manage o2 account”. However on the new iPad there is no longer a ‘manage o2 account’ option. So can’t change my card details for the next month’s payment. I can however see an option to ‘add a plan’ and the iPad recognises I’m using an o2 sim card. 

If I try and go to the mbb.o2.co.uk site the site fails to recognise the mobile broadband number even though I’m using the number from the emails I get from o2 for the auto top up confirmation.

I tried adding the mobile broadband simm to my pay monthly account, which it seems to have been accepted, however if I try to use the my02 website I can see the pay as you go number but no other details such as balance / tariff and there is no way to change the registered bank card.

Luckily I still have my old iPad so I put the sim back in that and went to the ‘manage o2 account’ option. I managed to change the password for the mobile number and this then allowed me to change the card details registered for the account.

Going forward will the ‘manage o2 account’ option re-appear or is this a wider issue? I can’t be the only one who has had this issue?

Any help would be welcome. 

regards,

Pad.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You should be able to manage your top ups through mbb.co.uk, at least that's how I do it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

PadIpad
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply MI5. 

I used to use the mbb.o2.co.uk but when I try I get the following message.....

83B76AD5-9D1A-403A-8F8F-34A556E48796.jpeg

The number I try to use is the number off my top up confirmation emails and the sim is definitely working (using it to type this). 

The only way way I seem to be able to access the account is to put the sim back into the old iPad. 

Very odd.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes very strange mate.
I'll ask @Martin-O2 if he can ask internally for any advice?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

PadIpad
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5

Message 5 of 5