cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nanosim not activating

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

Can anybody help me? I activated my new sim at about 7pm last night, I had to use the text service as the web one wouldn't accept my sim number.

When i went to bed my old sim was still active and my new one not, so i thought nothing of it. Now however, my old sim has deactivated but the new nano sim still isn't active.

I know they said it can take 24 hrs but they also said once the old sim has deactivated the new one will work, but it doesn't. It's a bit ridiculous that I am now without a phone service.

I have tried rebooting the Iphone 5 to no avail, also tried putting the sim in my iphone 4 but still no service.

Anyone have any ideas? anyone at 02 able to help? I'm concerned my nano is faulty and I can't be without my phone for a few days. Help?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I chose the option to "Restore from iTunes Backup" when setting up the phone but it only synced my contacts. How do I get it to sync my photos, videos, apps, text messages etc?

Thanks for your help so far by the way!

Did you back up yor old phone up  on to itunes ??

Message 11 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I've just backed up my old phone again and tried the whole process again but now I don't even have my contacts.
Help!
Message 12 of 29

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Is your iTunes fully up to date?

Use the backup previous to your last and see if that works.

If not I suggest backing up to iCloud everything is automated for you
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 13 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
That seemed to do it! I have everything except my apps which is fine.
With regards to the no network situation, I guess I should wait it out and report back later.
Thanks again!
Message 14 of 29

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Yh sorry only time will tell on the network issue.

With the apps store you can now view previous purchases and download the ones you want without having to remember them all:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That seemed to do it! I have everything except my apps which is fine.
With regards to the no network situation, I guess I should wait it out and report back later.
Thanks again!

To get the app just go on to app store and go to ones you have purchased and re download them.

Message 16 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no service, I wish I was born with more patience slight_smile

At least the wifi is working so i can still play around with it

Message 17 of 29

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha your not alone with that stewbed:) patience is over rated haha;)
Message 18 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully should be sorted out in next few hours for you and enjoy  your new iphone5 slight_smile

Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

24 hours and no joy. From another thread, it seems CS are saying the backlog will be sorted by Sunday at noon.

I don't mind that it hasn't been activated, just disappointed they shut off my old sim without my new one working, so i currently have no service. If there was a backlog, surely they should have put a message up and even shut down the service temporarily?

Oh well, the wait goes on.

Message 20 of 29