cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massively increased data usage for no obvious reason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me & several other O2 members of the family are having massively increased data usage in the past 2 or 3 weeks, not for any particular reason. I haven't changed my usage routines or done anything differently. It just seems to be more than a coincidence as its at least four O2 phones.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146852 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28260 Solutions
All iPhones?
It's a common iPhone issue - Have a quick search of the forum (this one and all other networks too).
Lots of hits on Google too but as it's completely random no one can put their finger on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 18

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Many, many iphone users seem to have this issue but it seems strange that you all notice it recently. Something with the ios7 perhaps...?

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you reply with what phones you are each using please ?

If you've recently moved to 4G then it's common to be using more as your online longer doing more and if your running any speed tests these can use from 40mb +
Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 146852 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28260 Solutions
Do a search as I suggested and you will see it's nothing to do with 4G......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two 5s and two 5 are the phones. 

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I personally checked my payg 4G data usage on my iPhone 5s last month and saw no spikes.

It's certainly a conundrum as some say they are experiencing spikes and some are not.
Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 146852 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28260 Solutions
Welcome to the "club" as it were..... 😞
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am wondering if it is down to this facebook autoplay and the sudden influx of these ice bucket videos. My habits have most definitely not changed data wise and I barely touch half a gig usually, I'm two weeks in with 170mb left! I am on 4G but two of the phones aren't and still having the issue. Mind boggling really.

Message 9 of 18

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

It seems Apple won't admit there is a problem and it's strange that only a cross-section of users are affected.

Message 10 of 18