cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massively increased data usage for no obvious reason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me & several other O2 members of the family are having massively increased data usage in the past 2 or 3 weeks, not for any particular reason. I haven't changed my usage routines or done anything differently. It just seems to be more than a coincidence as its at least four O2 phones.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked here ;

Data usage on iPhone.
Settings - Mobile - shows each app usage at the bottom.

Remember to reset these statistics after each Data allowance refresh.
Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
If it is enabled you can turn off video autoplay in the facebook app settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 18

jonsie
  • 93271 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Facebook does use a lot but you can turn off the auto video in facebook settings. Try it and see if your data usage comes down.

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

already turned it off. in settings facebook was by far the biggest user of data at 2gb, but how long over a period of time are these stats? if this is since the start then its harsly suprising, if its over 3 weeks then i clearly have a problem. 

Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to reset the stats on your anniversary date to see what's using how much data.
Message 15 of 18

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23532 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It seems Apple won't admit there is a problem and it's strange that only a cross-section of users are affected.

Apple doesn't seem to want to admit to anything these days. Overuse of data......iCloud hacking..... Couldn't possibly be Apples fault.....

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

already turned it off. in settings facebook was by far the biggest user of data at 2gb, but how long over a period of time are these stats? if this is since the start then its harsly suprising, if its over 3 weeks then i clearly have a problem. 

It will be since the last time you reset them.

If you've never reset them it will be for as long as you've had the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 93271 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

It seems Apple won't admit there is a problem and it's strange that only a cross-section of users are affected.

Apple doesn't seem to want to admit to anything these days. Overuse of data......iCloud hacking..... Couldn't possibly be Apples fault.....

I know...just not possible wink

Message 18 of 18