cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost iPhone, just got temp replacement whilst iPhone replacement is sorted, but it's barred

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I lost my iPhone last week. I informed O2, and I think they stopped the service to it.

Just got a temp replacement to cover me whilst I wait for replacement delivery (out of stock so a while), and everytime I try to make a call, it says "barred call".

Anyone offer any insight here?

I've contacted O2, since picking up temp replacement device. And they said they unblocked the phone, but I'm concerned because this device still isn't making calls. And I don't understand why the temp phone was blocked in the first place.

Lastly, the phone I lost, will that now be 'unblocked'? I wouldn't want that to have happened as it still could be found by someone who wants access to it.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The problem is a block on your sim card, not the phone.
You need to ask O2 to unblock your account now that you have a replacement sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The problem is a block on your sim card, not the phone.
You need to ask O2 to unblock your account now that you have a replacement sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @MI5

Have contacted them, and informed them.

I suppose it'll take a while. 

As this is only a temp device - when a new replacement iPhone arrives, will I still have my data and contacts on it (i.e. will it come with a SIM or will I have to put this blank one I have now in it)? 

Last time I updated I seemed to have all my data on the new handset, but I guess since I lost my SIM card with the phone, that I'll have no record of texts and contacts?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, all your data will be backed up to iCloud so it will appear on the replacement phone when you log in with your Apple ID.
This sim that you have now, O2 sent it to you, right?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for late reply. Yes it was put into the temp replacement by O2 today. Will this be the one I have to use when iPhone comes?
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, you will keep that sim card now.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6