cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
After years of being with O2 I am finally leaving!!!!! Since April my data which is 500mb is lasting 2 weeks max I'm at work most of the day and on wifi at home!!!
I'm on the simplicity 15.99 a month I phoned up O2 last week and gave my 30 days notice tried to get them to match the deal I got for 1000 mins 5000 text and 2gb data on tesco sim only deal for £15! O2 didn't budge and wasn't having any of it, and I found out tesco mobile uses O2 network why did O2 let me leave and not try and match there offer?? As from tomorrow I will be a tesco customer!!!!!!!?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's very rare for O2 to pricematch unfortunately and they don't treat existing customers any differently from existing customers. Shame really, the only way is to go with the best deal and price to suit your needs. No such thing as customer loyalty these days!

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I was very surprised with that I got a better deal for a cheaper price it was a no brainier to be fair!! How many customers do they lose cause of this!!
Message 3 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah I was very surprised with that I got a better deal for a cheaper price it was a no brainier to be fair!! How many customers do they lose cause of this!!

None at all as you are still on the O2 network!

O2 won't mind who you sign up with.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wanted to wish you well with your new choice of Network.

Take care.
Message 5 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23196 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Just wanted to wish you well with your new choice of Network.

Take care.

The OP isn't really going to a new network. They're just going to Tesco, which uses O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm aware Tesco is a virtual network which uses the 02 Network.

To the customer Tesco is now their new provider.

A bit like GiffGaff Customers don't see themselves as 02 customers if you see what I mean.
Message 7 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23196 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

Yes I do see what you mean, but it's all still under the O2 umbrella, isn't it? Same wolf, different sheep's clothing. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am aware I wasn't fully leaving O2 and to be fair I'm glad about that cause for me O2 has been a gem!!! I just don't understand why they now let me pay tesco rather then giving e that little extra dadt and they would have my money. I know £15.99 isn't a lot but how many £15.99 are they losing
Message 9 of 9