cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5s - can't play BBC iplayer downloads

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just upgraded from a 4s to a 5s. Previously on the 4s I could download a program on BBC Iplayer when connected to wifi and then watch it back at my leisure. Now on the 5s I can download the program in iplayer but when I go to play it it buffers for 5 minutes or so and then tells me it can't be played. If however I am on wifi it will let me play the downloaded program. What has changed betweed my upgrading between the 4s and the 5s - think there must be something I've not ticked somewhere. I have downloaded and reinstalled the Iplayer app a number of times and have tried downloading various programs but still get the same problem. I have also tried restting my network settings - again this makes no difference.

Help!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Check for updates, sometimes they change stuff like RTSP licenses which require program updates.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the op has deleted and removed the app and recently re downloaded I then it should be up to date.

Both I and Adam are using the same version of the app without issue.

As long as the op is on iOS 5.1 upwards it should operate as described. The iPhone 5s will have shipped with iOS 7.
Message 12 of 13

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

This is true, oh well Apple is not my strong point. I used to get issues with streaming when the version of Adobe Air wasn't the expected version.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 13 of 13