cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 sending & receiving SMS issues!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I recently upgraded from an iphone 4s to the iphone 5 32GB. I'm having horrendous problems with SMS. I've gone through threads on here and sorted service centre number, restoring phone and rebooting phone, reset of network settings etc, all to no avail, also deleting contact I'm sending message to and adding them again.

It can take 3+ attempts to send an SMS to a single person, the 'undeliverable' message appears, also on receiving messages, they can all come through the day after they have been sent, in one block. For instance 4 messages from 4 different people arrived at 7am this morning after been sent around 4pm ish yesterday.

Also, the phone frequently drops network and says 'no service' at home, a problem which I never encountered on 4s.

It's driving me mad as I need the phone for school contact as I have a child with special needs.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Im sorry to hear your having issues.

Occasionally Network congestion can cause sms to fail and the delay of incoming messages too.

Check the masts in your area.

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Try removing the sim and cleaning it and or get a replacement one.

It seems you have done the usual rectification methods.

I would now suggest you make an appointment at your most local Apple Store Genius Bar.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Im sorry to hear your having issues.

Occasionally Network congestion can cause sms to fail and the delay of incoming messages too.

Check the masts in your area.

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Try removing the sim and cleaning it and or get a replacement one.

It seems you have done the usual rectification methods.

I would now suggest you make an appointment at your most local Apple Store Genius Bar.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks for the reply, never thought about mast issues and yes there is a mast problem in my postcode area!
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Many thanks for the reply, never thought about mast issues and yes there is a mast problem in my postcode area!

Hey,

Your welcome.

At least you have more of an insight to what may be going wrong.

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well the mast has apparently been fixed according to service status on the website, but I'm still having text issues. Network keeps dropping out, when I do have coverage, texts won't send first time and I'm still not receiving messages unless I reboot my phone-so annoying!

Help please?
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well the mast has apparently been fixed according to service status on the website, but I'm still having text issues. Network keeps dropping out, when I do have coverage, texts won't send first time and I'm still not receiving messages unless I reboot my phone-so annoying!

Help please?

Hi again,

Seems like your going through the mill will this !

Have you tried my other suggestions in my earlier reply to you ??

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've cleaned the sim, no joy, I think I'm going to phone 02 for a replacement Sim. My nearest Apple store is in Leeds which is quite a way from me, there is an 02 shop nearer to me, but I'm thinking it's a phone issue and not network issue reading that other people on different networks are having similar problems
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Replacement Sim on its way!
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Generally 02 shops do have blank sims in stock if you don't want to wait.

I had the issue of not having a local Apple Store near me which meant around an hour and half train journey each way to Meadowhall , Sheffield which is where I had to go to pick up my 5.

Thank heavens Apple opened up a shop in my home town.

Hope you get this cleared up ASAP so you can get back to actually enjoying using your phone and its services.
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I hope it's cleared up ASAP I have to be contactable
Message 10 of 16