cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS9 and Mobile Data

Anonymous
Not applicable

I updated my iphone 5C yesterday to ios9.  All seemed good - far better than  the previous update.

But, I have lost all mobile data - whenever I try to get email, browse etc, I m told that I do not have a mobile data subscription.  Which I do have!

Any thoughts?  Do I complain and seek help from Apple or O2?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
There are a few with the same problem.
Check your apn and make sure it is the correct one for your contract and also check if there is a carrier update available.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
This isn't the first person I've seen say this I'd a problem, if you Google it you'll find quite a lot of ppl in the same position.

Apple will probably roll out a patch if it's a bug I guess... So do asas suggested above, and check for updates!
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi there. i had the exact same problem. no data at all. so i took my iphone 5s into o2 shop today and the guy changed the first part of my apn: to Mobile APN = mobile.o2.co.uk (was idata). now all working fine including 4g. hope this helps

Message 4 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

hi there. i had the exact same problem. no data at all. so i took my iphone 5s into o2 shop today and the guy changed the first part of my apn: to Mobile APN = mobile.o2.co.uk (was idata). now all working fine including 4g. hope this helps

...but no VVM ? 

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this - changed it myself for an iPhone5 and data working now.

More info

Message 6 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for this - changed it myself for an iPhone5 and data working now.

More info

Good news @Anonymous Pleased it worked for you..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all!

I'm on payandgo and my APN was set to that. I changed it to mobile.o2.co.uk, then back to payandgo.o2.co.uk and data now works!
Message 8 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't use vvm. Just tried putting apn setting back to idata and it's stopped working again. So till Apple release a fix or there is a carrier update this is the only thing that works.
Message 10 of 19