cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the last 2 days, I haven't been able to access my o2 email account from my iPhone. It's been working fine until then but now I'm getting "Cannot get mail - your username or password is incorrect". Only thing is, I haven't changed any settings!

Only two things I can think of.

1. I changed to a new phone 3 weeks ago. I set up my o2 email account on it and it was working until 4th May.

2. For the last few weeks, even on my laptop, I've been getting occasional error messages when sending o2 email: "Too much traffic from this sender".

Can anyone shed any light? I have a gmail account I can use but this is driving me mad as most people communicate with me through my o2 account and their email service seems to be getting progressively worse.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
O2 email is ending in June.
It has been gradually closing down for the past 3 years.
You need to migrate everything to a new service asap.
Someone else reported the same issue yesterday and we have asked admin to check if it's just a glitch ( @Toby ) but you need to move away asap.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 20

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-Webmail-is-closing-More-info-inside/m-p/955180#U955180
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Although the shutdown isn't till June 7th ...we have been warning people who come here, to move accounts as soon as possible. It seems as if they are beginning to shut down the servers gradually as we feared..(unless it's confirmed this is a 'glitch') @Anonymous did you get an email from o2 warning you of the shutdown?  We were told all users would be informed.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

I doubt this is a glitch, and I have a feeling we'll be seeing posts like this with more regularity from now until the final shutdown date. Three year's warning is more than ample time. Sadly, some people just don't pay attention.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 20

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
I think it is reasonable to say if the shutdown is in under 4 weeks (which takes us into June) then there is every chance that they have started decommissioning the servers now. Anyone who is still using the service does so at their own risk now really. 3 years is ample notice to find a new supplier.

I fear we will see many more posts on this as we get closer to complete shutdown
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the same is happening with me too.

I have two o2 email addresses. The prmary one that I use to log into the o2 website still works fine, I've just tested it,but I have changed my log in to the o2 site over to my new BT email now.

The second one which I set up as a more regular account is the one that has stopped working. I have been in the process of changing all of my usernames etc over and notifying everyone as I did recieve the email to tell me it would happen.

It is just a tad frustrating that its suddenly switched off four weeks before the date, although I know that I should probably have acted sooner. I'm now on the case.....

Message 7 of 20

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Admin are looking into this for us and we will be told when any updates are available.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I've also just discovered that I have lost all of my contacts in my outlook address book aaaargh!!!!!

Message 9 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous Sorry to hear that, but you really should have done something sooner. Do you have a Gmail account? If so, your contacts should be backed up there.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 20