Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodgy looking Apple email

Bez89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

does this email look legit? Signed in and wants my bank account details, I haven't made the purchases, and it tells me to log in if this is correct. It looks official, but won't let me click on anything at the top.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Cleoriff
  • 122365 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Leave well alone. The fact it is showing something in dollars would be all the proof I needed...:smileywink:

And as said previously. if you look at the senders name...that usually is added confirmation..(the email address will be obviously fake)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 32

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
That's the freaky thing, the link says it is from Apple. 😳
Message 12 of 32

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
It says sender 2014 iTunes Store?
Message 13 of 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122365 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bez89 wrote:
It says sender 2014 iTunes Store?

Have you purchased anything from them?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Anyone can copy and paste a logo and email address. You've been advised by numerous people to delete the mail. You did not make a purchase. Why would you send your bank details in an email to anyone? No reputable company would ever ask you to do that. Do not click on any links within the mail. Just delete it and forget about it. It's a scam.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, the text of the email has been removed so I've no idea what it says, however if you have any queries and are worried that your Apple ID may have been used to purchase something, login to itunes and check the recent purchases on your account.

However, as already mentioned, its about 99.9% certain that its fake

Message 16 of 32

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Cleoriff definitely not.
Message 17 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeasus!!! 

DO NOT OPEN IT!!! I have been getting the same emails, i dont even have an apple device anymore and when i did i used icloud email and the emails keep copming through to my hotmail account in spam folder! their scam emails, I get them for my credit card and a bank account i dont have, along with i have a 2 million pound tax rebate and some african doctor that needs to deposit 10 billion pounds in my bank for safe keeping... 

All i would say is delete them they are scam or phising emails and do not open the link whatever you do! if your that concerened email apple directlty and ask them for advice... 

Jay 

Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

just to add, it looks like Marcillia has split up wirth her boyfriend today and do i want to meet her, as long as i click on a link for her adress!!! 

Message 19 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122365 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes. I think all of the advice is sound. Delete it and forget it. (Though you could forward it to Apple to show the phishing emails that are being sent out)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 32