cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different twist on a common problem...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a problem with my VVM on iPhone 5 (latest software update). I know this is quite common but I have not found any threads which are similar to my situation so looking for a bit of help:

I was on a personal contract and this got transferred to a business contract. Once I transfered over my VVM and MMS have not been working.

VVM gives an error stating unable to  connect, and MMS won't send.

I have followed the instructions below:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Useful-Links-for-new-iphone-users/td-p/96...

to no avail.

I have tried all the usual, resetting network settings, soft reset etc.

When I text MMS to 1010 however I received a message stating that this is for iPhone customers only, leading me to beleive the problem is arising because I am not on an iPhone contract.

I have however been reasurred repeatedly that I AM on a iPhone contract.

I am at a loss now as to what to do or try?

Any suggestions and thanks for any help given.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

That is very strange then but I note that the start date for vvm was 2 days after the tariff started.

You will have to get the business manager to sort the issue out for you.

This is why we switched back to o2 business direct rtather than the partner they put us on (3 on contract)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Is the internet acces working via idata .

If yes then something has gone wrong when they moved you to a business contract ring 8002 and they should be able to resolve the issue

what is shown if you login to myo2business ? http://www.o2.co.uk/business/myo2business

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. Yeh it is using idata...

Here is a screenshot from the business page:

untitled.JPG

So it looks as though it is all correct.

I have an o2 business manager who I deal with who has also been on the phone to o2, who have done all the usual "network reset" etc. and trying to fob him off saying that the service is down. Which I know to be untrue as others are working and it has not been working since I transferred over on the 5th March.

Message 3 of 5

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

That is very strange then but I note that the start date for vvm was 2 days after the tariff started.

You will have to get the business manager to sort the issue out for you.

This is why we switched back to o2 business direct rtather than the partner they put us on (3 on contract)

Apple Watch series 4

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar problem on normal contract (not business).  My iPhone 4s would not load the VVM interface it was going straight through to 901 voicemail.  o2 failed to solve it and gave up.  It was sorted when I ordered a nano sim ready for iPhone 5 and as soon as I did the sim swap, VVm started working on the 4s with new nano sim and adapter and has been working fine now in my 5 - so in my case it must have been an issue with the sim card.

If all else fails may be worth trying a sim swap?

Message 5 of 5