cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data allowance

Anonymous
Not applicable

My data usage looks excessive and I don't know what I'm using it on? I've had significant charges on my last 2 bills.

1. How can I tell how what's consuming the data?

2. How can I restrict it?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can't get excessive charges from data as long as you are in the UK and not buying bolt ons, so something else must be costing you money.
Have a look in your MyO2 to see what the charges are for first, then we can help further http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only way you could restrict it is to watch what you are spending the charges on 

Message 3 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous any luck with finding the info yet about the charges as per the advice above? It would be great to hear how you are getting on.

& welcome to the forum! Wave

Message 4 of 7

Paul999
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi recently I had the same problem on both of my pay monthly phone. The data wasn't enough for the whole month and I was not using it more than previously. This is really bad situation as I've been with o2 for about 10 y and it looks to me like they are trying to get more money off me . As the roaming charges will be scraped from 15 June I think it is another way of raising they earnings. Before I used to have half of the data I have now and it would keep me going for the same period . O2 shame on you !

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Seriously?
Look on your phone which no one has any control over except yourself
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not O2's problem that you've used the data allowance

Message 7 of 7