cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular Data/Business account - Problem & Charges!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an iphone5. I recently swapped from an O2 personal to O2 Business account. I have 1GB data/unlimited calls.

Everything worked fine with my account until O2 switched it over to a business account, when suddenly my cellular data service stopped working along with my visual voicemail.

After numerous calls and 'guru' chats i was supplied data settings. But my APN settings were all the default ones supplied by O2 (nothing touched). ive even reset/restored my iphone completely and tried every other method available to get it working to no avail.

I took my iphone into a local O2 store a few weeks ago, where one of the staff changed simply changed my APN settings from  idata.o2.co.uk to wap.o2.couk.   Suddenly my cellular data settings worked. (Although my voicemail still didnt).

However checking my bill a few weeks later.. ive now found that bacause of using wap.o2.couk  ive been charged nearly £200 for data services!!!!!! apparently its "the wrong APN"... So how can i be charged for data usage? O2 staff changed over these settings for me in store!!

I have 1GB data bolt on. And i definitely havent gone over that limit, Were talking minimal 3G use.

Nobody at O2 seems to be any help. So currently im without any cellular/3G service, no voicemail and a bill for £200!!! 

All i want is my phone as it was before i switched to Business, with cellular and visual voicemail working fine.. how hard can it be to transfer an account within the same company?!

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
@mi5 been driving all day somerset / northampton and back in the pub now on iPad
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 21 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144672 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
That's a good journey mate.... Enjoy your pint of scrumpy slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks.... ive checked my tariff and it definitely says i have 1GB data active .. see screenshot

(although not sure why its been supposedly activated 1 week after all my other services are active)

still no luck getting through, but ill keep trying!

(and yes its the 8002 ive been trying)

Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 17.47.13.png

Message 23 of 26

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I will check my screen in the morning when at pc but the data bolton may have to say for iphone . But that would only affect idata mobiles.o2.co.uk should have been free this looks like a backoffice error I am sure you will get the charges refunded and o2 will sort it.

Sorry I cannot check from here on the ipad. (I will try and remote login to pc and check)

EDIT

Just used logmein and it has no mention of iphone next to data bolton.

Another question when did you actually recieve and activate the iphone after ordering it (that may explain the weeks difference)
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 24 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi adamtemp64 my iphone has been activated for over a year, its not new.

My problem has only arisen since swapping my account from an O2 personal to O2 business  account (nothing major i wouldnt have thought). Everything worked fine with my personal account.

My business account was actived sept 12 it seems. 

I contacted O2 (phone) a few days later, approx sept 16th saying my data settings werent active.  O2 said they had made an error and it hadnt been activated properly. The woman i spoke to 're-added' the bolt ons and assured me it would be fully active within 24 hours. Im guessing they then activated it Sept 19th (according to the tariff).

But as it seems from this, it appears it still isnt actived event though the tariff and O2 themselves seem to suggest.

Message 25 of 26

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Using your screen prints as proof when you next call o2, say you have proof of the data bolton and vvm bolton being active (that confirms it is an iphone tariff) as wel as mms and that you require the immediate refund of all data charges that have been applied in error and for o2 to remove all the data tafiff sections mms vvm and the works bundle and reprovision them again.

If this fails then using all the evidance you have use that in your full formal complaint to the impartial review team.

Apple Watch series 4

Message 26 of 26